Saturday, October 30, 2010

Any Day Now

Not a whole lot to write about for this blog that is non-baby related and we are trying to keep most of that on the baby blog so someday we can put it into a book for our daughter.  We are in any day now mode and so the days just seem to run together.  It does look like a very late season Hurricane is going to visit the Caribbean starting later today and through next week.  Its current track is not good but most of the models have it reaching the central Caribbean and then turning north before Jamaica so while it is disconcerting it is not yet a major worry and we are cautiously optimistic it wont be an issue.  We will be keeping a close eye and if it does come our way will have to go to the hospital to ride it out.  I am trying to wrap up as much at work as possible so that I can take several weeks off after the baby comes.  I have been asked to chair a session of the National Healthcare 20/20 conference in a couple of weeks and other than that am working on clearing my schedule for rest of November and early December.  The nice thing about using almost no vacation days this year is that I now have 36 of them and since 20 of them expire if I don't use them by Dec 31, I will be using those 20 plus about 10 more to have a good six weeks of Paternity leave.