Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Home from Atlanta

This past week while the island got inundated with rain I was in Atlanta for the spring term seminar.  I gave our students Thursday evening to work on their papers or go out on the town (which most of them chose) and I went out with Kevin to see a Braves game. I had never been to Turner Field before so it was great to check another ballpark off my list to visit.


As a part of the seminar we went to the World of Coca Cola, CNN Center and the Jimmy Carter Center/Library.  I also got a chance to drive up two of the mornings to Kennesaw National Battlefield and hike up the mountain for exercise.  It also reminded me of my old Civil War trips and how much I look forward to one day sharing my passion for history with Arianna.


As we flew in last night it was almost surreal looking down on the floods and seeing the literally hundreds of lakes that had sprung up.