Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bike Marathon

One of the many exercise items on our Cayman Bucket list (at least for me, not so much Katie) was to bike the East End loop in a single ride.  We had done it before over the course of two days when we spent the night at the Reef Resort biking out there and then completing the loop home the next day, but neither of us had done it all in a single day, single ride.  This morning I decided to check this one off my list and headed out early to ride up to the Over The Edge Cafe in the district of Northside where I would meet Katie and Arianna for breakfast  before finishing the loop.  The 27.5 kilometers up to Over the Edge were a nice warm up for the real heart of the bike ride, the 45.8 kilometer ride around the eastern portion of the island and back to Red Bay. Using the garmin I was able to track my speed and distance and create a map of the ride pictured below. The total distance was 73.31 kilometers and it took me 3 hours, twenty minutes and 18 seconds at an average speed of 22 kilometers an hour.