Sunday, July 5, 2009

Home from Chicago

By Scott: I am back in Cayman after my week up in Chicago. On Wednesday the wake for Julia was held in Oak Park and then the funeral Thursday in Willow Springs. Julia was laid to rest in a very pretty cemetery and then the reception was held at Nikos a banquet hall style restaurant where ironically Nick and Julia's wedding reception was held. On Friday we had a big breakfast with Nick, his brother Dean and his wife Olympia, his sister Michelle and her husband Keith, Johanna and little Nicholas, Chuck Cori and Christi at George's in Oak Park where we always meet on Sunday's before Bears games to ride the train downtown. Friday afternoon Johanna, Nicholas and I headed over to Lyons to see Uncle Hank and Aunt Mary. Hank turned 90 not too long ago and was looking good. Aunt Mary had just won over a hundred bucks at bingo so she is staying active too. Saturday was a very early wake up call for my 5:59 a.m. flight. The flight actually had mechanical difficulties and as a result I was going to miss my connection. I got moved to another flight and another connection and made it home about 2 hours later than I would have if I had made my original flights. A big thanks to Chuck, Twila and family for letting me stay with them part of the week and to my sister Johanna, Brent and Nicholas for letting me stay with them part of the week.