Monday, July 4, 2011

Home from Miami

I am home from Miami this evening after a long five days away.  I have never been happier to have a bumpy landing in Cayman than tonight so I could get home to Katie and Arianna.  This past weekend was our Seminar on Religion up in Miami and I attended my first ever Muslim call to prayer and service, Jewish service, and Hindu morning service.  I was really fascinated by all three and learned a lot I didn't know about each of those faiths.  One thing I had experienced before was Greek Orthodox service, but after a four hour long Greek Orthodox service this weekend, the only thing I took away was that I will never again complain about Mass running long.  Today is also a national holiday in Cayman for Constitution Day so no school as we traveled back.  Tomorrow it's back to the grind of classes and the dog days of summer.

--Scott