Friday, September 24, 2010

Cayman dog "walking"

On the return trip from Cafe del Sol (our local "Starbucks") where I was working on my Capstone Proposal, I saw Cayman's version of dog "walking" just as I was pulling into the Butterfield roundabout near the industrial district. I wish there had been a camera in the car as it would have made the most hilarious picture.

Riding into one of the busiest intersections on the island was a man on a bike, not an odd occurrence at all. Sitting right behind him on a piece of plywood about 2 ft by 3 ft was large yellow lab (or mutt with strong lab tendencies)! I couldn't see how the wood was attached to the bike but the lab was balanced on all fours on the wood happily being carried along. It had to be fairly secure because the dog didn't once teeter and did not seem at all concerned at his method of transportation.

Only in the Caribbean....